Lookie what I got! :)
It's a 'Ferment-O'!! And it was a birthday gift from my parents!
This will allow me to make fermented foods without having the slime & scum & mold build up on the top.
Secretly, I think this was my gift because no one is willing to try my fermented foods when they know mold grew on the top of them :) When I attempted pickles, they smelled good, but hubby was grossed out after he saw the nasty film on top. When I did the Sauerkraut, everyone gaged when I told them mold has to be skimmed off the top!
Oh baby - look out. I am just thinking of all the krauts and pickles and kimchis I can make now! And no one has an excuse not to try them this time :)