"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mellowing Out

Christmas Eve Morning Sunrise

Christmas has come and gone for another year! The past two days I have spent just trying to relax, although I always feel lazy if I am still on the couch and in my pj's at 11am!

Grandma's Spritz Cookie Utensil & Recipe!

Finished Product!



Snow is finally coming down; it started while the sun was setting. I sure hope it covers and sticks so the horses don't continue to do this!!

MUD BATHS!
(Yesterday!)

My sister & brother-in-law gave me a book I was hoping for, for Christmas, called
"The Pioneer Woman Cooks". I LOVE IT! I am addicted to reading it!!
Not only does it have yummy recipes in it but she also has tons of pictures and stories of her life on a farm :) The recipes are supposed to be those loved by her meat & potatoes "Marlboro Man" husband, a cattle rancher. I am sure you can imagine he doesn't dig anything fancy or over the top....just the meat and potatoes type of stuff, so I figured how could I go wrong then - my husband is the same way so he should like it all too. So far we're one for one!
He loved the Chicken Fried Steak I made....and so did our Niece, Valaree!


She was over yesterday to help me with a little Kitty TLC; the three girls I have right now were quite shy but after a few hours with Val, they all want attention now!

Valaree & Silver Bell




1 comment:

Shirley said...

You are so fortunate to be able to live with your horses. I have been boarding mine for some years now. Someday, maybe, I'll find a place. Love the picture of their mud-baths!! Oh my.
I usually make those exact spritz cookies at Christmas.