"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Friday, September 18, 2009

Never a dull moment

Last night Allen & I attempted our second batch of caramel covered McIntosh's for tomorrows Farmer's Market in Nova. These, I am happy to say, turned out much nicer then our first go!

Last night also included the usual barn chores, a grooming for the little ones and a pre-cooked dinner from the grocery store - AMEN!

Esme is now separated from her kittens so they can be weaned. They don't seem to mind much, but all Esme does is cry ALLLLL DAYYYY and ALLLL NIGHT long :/ *sigh* It is sad and a tad annoying at the same time! It makes it difficult to sleep at night when you have a meowing in your ear...non-stop!

This morning was beautiful as the sun came up over the fog-covered orchard. I stood at the kitchen sink sipping my coffee, enjoying the view - then glanced a little more forward in front of me to see Savannah tossing around her fresh breakfast kill like a hot potato! What can I say, at least she is doing her job!

No comments: